Score Sports Center Blood Drive | Monday, February 22nd | 3pm-7pm
Every two seconds, someone in America needs blood and one single donation can save up to three lives. Help us support American Heart Month by participating in SSC’s first blood drive hosted by Heartland Blood Centers.
All participants will receive a SSC t-shirt and HBC water bottle for participating.
To schedule your preferred donation time, click here.
Did you know?
- Every blood donor is given a mini physical, checking the donor’s temperature, blood pressure, [ulse and hemoglobin to ensure it is safe for the donor to give blood.
- The actual blood donation process takes less than 12 minutes, however the entire process from beginning to end takes about an hour.
- The average adult has about 10 pints of blood in the body. Roughly one pint is given during donation.
- Be sure to eat a good meal before donating and the days leading up to the blood drive. Drink plenty of water before donating. Iron rich foods like chicken, beef, beans and oatmeal are the best to eat before you give blood.
- Be sure to take multivitamins with iron to maintain adequate blood levels before and after you donate.